Day One Cedartown, Ga. to Lexington, Tennessee Wed. May 21, 2008 headed west.
1. US278 West
2. Ala. 157 North
3. Ala. 20 North
4. Tenn. 22 North
Staying with Sherries Aunt in Lexington, Tennessee
Day Two Lexington, Tennessee to St. Peters, Missouri
1. US412 West
2. I-55 North
3. I-70 West
Staying with Sherries sister Darlene & John
Day Three St. Peters, Missouri to Hays, Kansas
1. I-70 West
Last 50 miles we worried about the weather that was coming. Just as we got in to hotel, the Tornadoe warnings went off. We were asked to go to the basement of the McDonalds next to the hotel. We spent 90 minutes in the basement with some 60 other people. What a fiacso that was. Any way come to find out 7 tornadoes landed within 5 miles of or location. We survived no damage all is well.
Day Four Hays, Kansas to Windsor, Colorado
1. I-70 West
2. US385 North
3. US34 West
That was the plan any way. However with the wind blowing hard we had to regroup. I had problems keeping the bike between the white lines on the Interstate. Had to get off. I found Hwy 23 North and we took it. Wow no wind. We traveled up to US 25 West that was a mistake! Wind again had 28 miles of it. Finally found a road North again. Made it up to Nebraska US34 West no wind life is good. We finally made it into Windsor, Colo. Wow I have not seen such damage from a tornado in a long time. Southwest side of town has about 90 percent of the homes & trees damaged. No power. Sunday we went over to two of Gail's golfing buddies home to help clean up. Its like somebody dropped a bomb.
Leaving Tuesday for a tour of Colorado!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment