Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oakhurst, CA to San Ramon to Napa to Clear Lake,CA

We left Yosemite National Park at Oakhurst, CA. Running CA49 North to CA120 West. This ran into I-580 to I-680 up to San Ramon. For those of you who knew Jim Ambler from the days of YKK, I visited him at his local pub & home in San Ramon. He wanted me to give everyone a shout hello to Howard, Jerry, Jim N., Ron. It was a great visit he is doing great at Walters and Wolf. Moving forward we left San Ramon up I-680 North to Napa, CA. Had a wonderful afternoon at a winery & then headed North on CA 29 to Clear Lake. 38 Special & Charlie Daniels was playing at the amphitheater. Why we did not make it was just a long hot day & too much wine!! Down for the count we went and up the next morning to head for the coast.
See attached pictures:

2 comments:

Tarheelrider01 said...

Beautiful, beautiful set of pictures again. What a gorgeous part of America! Good to hear that you saw Jim Ambler...give him my regards next time yall talk to him.

Did I see $4.99 gas!!!??? And I thought that it was bad here!

The pictures and the commentary are great; yall need to turn around and get back to work like the rest of us!!

Ride safe!

Tarheelrider01 said...

WELL!! Missing the concert because of too much California wine! I'm ashamed of yall missing .38 Special!

Jerry